안녕하세요 !! ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
annyonghaseyo! that is formal greeting in Korean. Its simply means hello . Koreans greet people who is older than them or the people whom they respect with a formal greeting. However if they are greeting friends, or family of the same age, to younger friends the will casually drop the honorifics and just use annyong (안녕) instead. So, since I'm greeting my readers who is dear and close to me, i'll say annyong ! ^^
There are many things that inspire me about Korea. I'm not going to lie, the first thing that catch my eye is their Hallyu star, Kpop idols. These idols songs, drama, and picture has been inhabitate my external hard disk for years now. They are really addicting you know. Do you know that hallyu stars and idols is the main attraction why the tourist is visiting Korea? The Korea Tourism Organization really make use out of their idols, in a good way. Have u ever seen the video of the idols promoting Korea? Here is one of it.
2PM and Miss A (Ambassador Korea Toursism Board) If i won this contest I also get to travel with this 2 group of talented idols!
2PM and Miss A (Ambassador Korea Toursism Board) If i won this contest I also get to travel with this 2 group of talented idols!
Super Junior and SNSD
if I keep going about how good dancer and singer they are and how goodlooking all the idols are, it'll take days for me to finish. So, its better if I stop here.
The second thing that inspire me about Korea is their food. I'm crazy about Korean food, especially kimchi . Some people can't stand the sourness and the smell of the fermented cabbage, however i find it rather captivating and mouth watering. Kimchi is a traditional food in Korea that has been passed down from generations, and it is a MUST side dish in every Korean meal. Every Korean meal always have more than 1 side dish, and most of it are vegetables. and you wonder why Koreans are so skinny, have fair skin and slender legs, and flat tummy huh? the secret is , they eat A LOT of VEGETABLE and plus the walking and hiking. In Malaysia its hard to find authentic Halal Korean food, all I get is some Siamese, Indonesian, or Bangladeshi cooking Korean food and labelled it as authentic, well recently I do find some halal Korean food restaurant, lucky me huh? But still the amount of the restaurant in Malaysia is not that much, and I need to travel far just to enjoy my favourite Korean food. If I win this contest, I'll make sure to allocated my time to solely enjoys authentic Korean food made by the Koreans in Korea, ok.. I imagining that now .
I had this delicious lunch at Ko Hyang Restaurant at Gardens Mid Valley, few weeks back, and the it was really good! i reccomended it to everyone to go and try their kimchi jjigae . seriously.
Don't let me started on Korea street food! Korea also is very famous for their street food, their ddeobokki, fish cake, fish bread, mandu, roasted corn, kebabs, and many more street food vendor that can make you go crazy and also drain your pocket during your visit! tehehe~ I found this video of Simon and Martina on their adventure of trying Korea street food, you can click play if you want or just enjoy the street food picture that going to torture your eyes below. miannhe~
Simon and Martina
This is ddeobokki , we always see this in Korean drama right~ it is a cylindrical rice cake that is cooked with chilli paste. It has chewy texture that make it stay longer in your mouth so that you can enjoy the taste longer . well, at least that is how i regard it.
This is fish bread. Well, as you can see, it get its name by the shape of it. The fish bread has different filling, you can be adventourous? and try weird filling or you can just go safe by just trying the red bean filling. Eating this on a cold day with a hungry stomach must be great.
This is fish cake that pierced with a stick, its like Malaysian Yong Tau Fu that we buy at pasar malam, the different is, its on a stick and we eat in Korea lah.
ho deuk
Tornado potato
mandu(dumpling)
The 3rd thing that inspire me about Korea is their culture, Korea well preserved their culture such as the palaces that is still in good shape that located in the bustling busy city that continued to remind the Koreans of their roots such Gyeongbukgung Palace, Deoksugung Palace, Bukchon Hanok Village and more. In Korean culture , they are very respectful towards elders and for people that is older, this is show in the use of the honorifics during the conversation, they do not eat until the elders has touch their food, turning head away from the elders during drinking. This shows that the Korean, although in this era where people don't seem to mind or care about respecting older people, they still practice it in their daily life. That deserve a clap, *clap, clap, clap* .
Deoksugung Palace, I found this picture during blog walking. I actually have done some small research
about Korea like where to go and what to do, and this one blog really caught my attention . If you want to know about further history about the palaces you can google it down, or you can comeback later to read my blog after i finish my Free Korea Trip ( which i wish i win! hehe)
Gyeongbukgung palace
Do you know that Korea is among the country that consume the most coffee? Coffee has been a part of Korean culture, you can see many coffee shop in Korea . That is also one thing that make me want to go to Korea, I want to try the coffee in every Coffee Shop that I can find, or at least until i can stand coffee, hehehe. And don't forget the famous and fancy cute looking Korean waffles that is topped with fresh strawberries and mountain of whipped cream. Wait.. is that saliva dropping from the edge of your mouth while reading this? hahaha gotcha! wait till you see this picture below, for sure you'll right click and save!
Picture Courtesy of Mardi My
Do you know that Korea is among the country that consume the most coffee? Coffee has been a part of Korean culture, you can see many coffee shop in Korea . That is also one thing that make me want to go to Korea, I want to try the coffee in every Coffee Shop that I can find, or at least until i can stand coffee, hehehe. And don't forget the famous and fancy cute looking Korean waffles that is topped with fresh strawberries and mountain of whipped cream. Wait.. is that saliva dropping from the edge of your mouth while reading this? hahaha gotcha! wait till you see this picture below, for sure you'll right click and save!
Picture Courtesy of Mardi My
The 3 picture above is from my friend, she went to Korea last month for 11 days! Got the permission to use the picture. I'm so jealous of her .
coffee shop
cook and book cafe in Hongdae
Muffinio cafe at Seoul University station.
if i keep going about the cafe in Korea, it'll never end!
One more thing that inspire me about Korea is their Universities. The architecture is so majestic, and also the facilities that provided to the student, it was no joke. In Ewha Women University, they even have Starbuck in their university, and gym, movie theatre in the basement some more. If i were given a chance I want to experience Korean University life for once, to stroll along the street, walking to classes and climb the stairs with coffee in my hand, with the cherry blossom blossoming on a breezy day, its going to be picturesque!
One more thing that inspire me about Korea is their Universities. The architecture is so majestic, and also the facilities that provided to the student, it was no joke. In Ewha Women University, they even have Starbuck in their university, and gym, movie theatre in the basement some more. If i were given a chance I want to experience Korean University life for once, to stroll along the street, walking to classes and climb the stairs with coffee in my hand, with the cherry blossom blossoming on a breezy day, its going to be picturesque!
Yonsei University
source
I wish I can further my study in Korea, okay maybe not study. I prefer to go there as a tourist, so that I got nothing related to books to worry about. hihi..
I wish I can further my study in Korea, okay maybe not study. I prefer to go there as a tourist, so that I got nothing related to books to worry about. hihi..
To end this long post I want to tell you what is the last thing that inspire me about Korea is their romantic love story that every girl in the world wish they had, including me. Have you ever heard about the famous Namsan Tower? The tower where the kidnapped princes were saved by the handsome prince, oh wait. that is so fairytale. This is different, Namsan Tower or N Seoul Tower is a tower where couples go to lock their heart together forever. Metaphorically speaking, if they were not meant to be , the lock wouldnt keep them together, but still, its a sweet and romantic thing to do. Go there during sunset, locking their love on the tower with the sunrays shining over their love, ah~ so romantic. I wanna go there, Korea Tourism Organization (KTO) please bring me there! Am I too pushy? hihihi, here some picture that I find over the net that will make you go crazy, and wanting to go there too.
this is the view of Namsan Tower from afar~
look at all the love locked up , up above Namsan Tower. Although our lock is rusty, but my love will never fade toward you chagiyaaa~~
Reasons why i should be chosen as the winner, I think the reason will be the same for all the participants,so here it is :
- I never set foot in Korea although the way I blog about it is like I've been there thousands time. I want to be there and experience Korea and learn about their culture.To go to Korea is my dream, I even planned to go to Korea next year after I finish my medical degree if the money that i collect enough. if only the money i collect enough, since I'm going by my own expenses, that was the plan. But , I dont think I can collect huge amount of money in short periods, since I'm on scholarship and there are many things that the money should went to. Well, a girl can dream right. I dream strolling along the Cheongyecheon stream while looking dashing ,ok maybe not dashing haha.
So, why don't I take This opportunity to win such a great deal to go to Korea on full expenses sponsored right? if i won. so, why dont you grant me my dream? ;)
- From my point of view, I am the right choice as an ambassador to represent my country to Korea. I'll share Malaysian culture and exchanging views between 2PM and Miss A members.
- and to be blogging about the trip after i came back from it? yes, you can count me on that, I'll blog non stop even if you don't ask me to.
- I have quite a large number of followers and ranging from many age range. Although it is not as many as famous bloggers, but I have my own set of followers that always come and visit my blog and read my writing. This is good for promoting Korea, and I'm sure all my followers is excited to read about my trip to Korea (ehemm :p)
- I also promote my blog on Facebook, Tumblr and Twitter. This is social network that I socially active, log on everyday and I also have my own set of follower there too. This is a good tactic in promoting Korea indeed.
- Please make my dream come true!
ahh Korea, I hope I will see you soon, soon as in This June ! here, a picture of Korea's flag taken by my friend who went there last month as an ending to this post.
Annyong!
hye guys, thank you for dropping bye, it would be nice if you dropped one or two comment (´・ω・`)





















16 comments:
Nk kirim keychain.(^_^)
Goodluck dear!!!
cimon~ kalau frh menang and dpt pegi. cimon lah org pertama dapat keychain! serius ni. hihihi tolong share~ n suruh org komen jugak~ lg bnyk org komen lagi high chance nak ,menang tau
fya~ fya thankkss, eh blog fya dah delete ehh? tak dpt bukak pon.
waaa~ great post about korea. i hope you'll win the contest! am expecting souvenirsss hehehhe
Good Luck!!
tupe naik kapal terbang!haha
Good luck! Nak pergi korea jugak :)
cik~ dok muat ;p
syafiqah~ thanks! jom join contest ni jugak siapa tahu kan kalau lucky!
good luck farah!
goodluck!
all the best far! nak keychaaaainn
thanks thanks thanks! wish me moreeee LUCK. i need more luck to win this. the competition is really tough :'(
kak farah
good luck
tak habis habis dengan korea kan
ehhhh aiman
buat ape tak tido lagi haaaah
nak pegi koreaaa. nak pegi koreaaaa nk pegi koreaaaa
Post a Comment